- Directed by Babis Makridis
- Sound Mix by Kostas Fylaktidis
- Sound Design by Giannis Giannakopoulos
- Foley Artist Nikolas Konstantinou
- Babis Makridis’ first feature “L” will be screening as part of the World Drama Competition Section of the 28th Sundance Film Festival, the most important movie showcase in the United States and one of the best in the world.
L begins with an ode to being a bear and ends with an ode to the sea. What happens in between constitutes one of the more original, willfully bizarre films of the year.
A man lives in his car. He’s 40 and separated from his wife and kids, who live in a different car. They meet in parking lots. A professional driver, the man delivers honey to a narcoleptic man and often dreams of his friend, who was killed when a hunter mistook him for a bear. Frequently late delivering honey, the man is fired, and his driving skills are questioned. Thrust into existential uncertainty, he abandons “car life” and joins a rogue motorbike gang.